When attending SEMA, it’s difficult to avert your eyes from the impressive concept vehicles on display literally at every turn. Then again, that’s not exactly something one can be blamed for. But going to SEMA and following a strict visual diet of high end customized vehicles, will undoubtedly result in you missing 75% of what the show has to offer. True, the Specialty Equipment Market Association plays host to one of the world’s largest collections of modded and tricked out vehicles – each of which is capable of drawing (and keeping) your attention. But SEMA is so much more than that; SEMA is the platform of choice that countless vendors select each year to feature their new and innovative products; products that will eventually be used by the end consumer.
Take for example, Warn Industries. Warn Industries is the authority when it comes to eating, sleeping, and dreaming off-roading. This year, Warn was touting the arrival of the new Platinum line of winches, and how they’re taking things to the next level.
Among the most impressive things you’ll experience at SEMA is seeing the performance, functionality, and usability upgrades featured in a new product.
WARN® ZEON 12 Platinum™
Due out in late November 2014, Warn claims that the Zeon 12 Platinum is the ultimate performance winch. First, the Zeon 12 features an advanced wireless remote control that is essentially a command centre that fits in the palm of your hand. It features remote clutch controls, vehicle battery feedback, and a slew of auxiliary control capabilities for lights and more. Check out some of the other cool stats available on the most robust member of the Platinum family:
- Rated line pull of 10,000 lbs. (4536 kg) single-line
- Comes with 80′ of 3/8″ (24.38m of 9.52mm) aircraft-grade wire rope and a roller fairlead
- Remote controlled clutch is engaged and disengaged with the advanced wireless remote. The remote controls winch-in, winch-out, and freespool operations. The manual clutch has been eliminated. No more re-engaging a manual clutch, with frozen fingers while standing in the mud (something I think anyone of us in the Canadian off-roading community can appreciate)
- The advanced wireless remote gives you total control in the palm of your hand, allowing you to control the winch and up to two accessories. This sophisticated, advanced remote provides operator feedback on vehicle battery charge and winch motor temperature, controls operation of the winch clutch, and more. Includes USB charging cable and car charger adapter
- All-new high-speed motor, stronger gears, and heat-treated ring gear deliver 20% faster line speed, best-in-class efficiency, and our highest durability rating
- Durable aluminum structure with flat black powder-coated finish and stainless steel fasteners delivers durability and maximum corrosion resistance-exceeding 400 hours of salt-spray testing
- Large diameter alloy winch drum with steel sleeve is strong, light weight, reduces rope wear, and has an integrated rope anchor for easy rope installation
- Extreme waterproofing meets rigorous IP68 standards – the highest rating in the WARN Truck/SUV winch lineup
- Convertible control pack can be attached to the winch or remotely mounted, allowing for various winch mounting options and looks (Relocation kit required and sold separately)
– specifications courtesy of www.warn.com